Summer STEAM Intensive
Collaborate and Innovate with students from around the world at Biosphere 2 in Arizona. This unique facility is dedicated to the research and understanding of global scientific issues. Students have the opportunity to register now for our 10-day summer STEAM intensive program taking place from July 16 to July 26, 2020.
This program is for incoming 8th grade through incoming 12th grade students.
Available Program Tracks:
ISS Space Program
ISS Space Program engages students under multiple program models to create experiments that will run aboard the International Space Station. Students will participate in programming, electrical engineering, and hands-on hardware construction while engaging in space science.
Upload experiments to ISS
Learn electrical, mechanical, and software engineering
Qualify for UC College Credit
Quest for Oceans
Learn Ocean Engineering
Design and Race ROVs
Hear from renowned Ocean Scientist and Engineers
Create your own Robot
Compete in RoboOlympics
Fly and integrate Drones
XPRIZE teams collaborate in person
Interact with researchers and mentors
Design and test the next stage of XPRIZE solutions
Biosphere Summer Experience
- 3-day team building and program specific planning at Biosphere 2
- 7 day project intensive at Biosphere 2
- Workshops designed for each program track
- Collaboration with students from around the world
- Various design thinking and engineering tasks with prototype testing
- All program materials are provided (students bring their own laptop)
- Program crossover challenge on final day
- 3 meals per day
- All lodging included at Biosphere 2
- XPRIZE and Robotics competitions onsite
- Workshops and lectures lead by STEM mentors, researchers, astronauts, etc.
- Potential UC college credit and ISS certifications
- All program materials are provided
- Bus travel to and from airport to venues
What to Expect at the Biosphere
The Biosphere is a unique place of research and an engineering marvel. During your time here, you'll not only have access to some of the most unique research facilities with a self contained indoor rainforest, indoor ocean, indoor desert and simulated mountain range but students will be able to learn directly from scientists and engineers doing the latest research and innovation.
Tours of the internal workings of the Biosphere is part of the experience!
Open to All! Come to learn about
Frequently Asked Questions